Applies To: RightFax Express [ 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 ]
In RightFax Express, how do you set up the POP3 integration for Gmail?
1. Create a new Gmail account, or use an existing one, and log into this account.
2. From the account's inbox, go to the Gmail settings.
3. Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. Under the POP Download section, select "Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on".
RightFax Express Setup:
5. Log in to the RightFax Express Administrator Web Client, and go to the System Tab.
6. Click on Configure RightFax Express, and go to the POP3 Server section.
7. Input the following information in this menu:
- POP3 Server Name or IP Address: pop.gmail.com
- Account that Receives emails to be sent as faxes: The Gmail account created in step 1
- Password: The Password for Gmail account created in step 1
- Port Number: 995
Also, make sure that the Connect Securely with TLS or SSL Checkbox is checked.
Syntax for Sending Emails as Faxes through Gmail:
The syntax of sending Emails as faxes through Gmail is different than that of Exchange and must be in the following format:
The POP3 email address must be within the < and > symbols. The above example will send the email as a fax to the 520-555-1234 Fax Number.